STEP is governed by a Board comprising prominent Singaporeans. Mr. S R Nathan, the former President of Singapore was STEP’s first Chairman.
STEP organizes programmes for the youth and the less fortunate in Singapore. Its programmes focus on social and cultural activities, leadership, innovation, life sciences and the environment. It also provides our youth with many opportunities to connect and understand each other, and further ignite their passion for neuroscience, innovation and the environment and through their exposure and experience, learn how to contribute to the society.
- Prof. Leo Tan (Director, Special Projects, National University of Singapore)
- Ms. Fang Ai Lian (Chairman, Medishield Life Council)
- Mr. Ong Boon Hwee (CEO, Stewardship and Corporate Governance Centre)
- Ms. Jackie Wong (CEO, Temasek Management Services)
- A/P Lim Tit Meng (CE, Science Centre Singapore)
- Charity Registration No : 1312
- Charity Registration Date : 2nd May 1998
- Constitution : Company Limited by Guarantee
- Date of Establishment : 6th June 1997
- RCB Registration No : 199703832 N
- IPC Status : Effective Date: 1 June 2016 to 31 May 2018